feeling depressed

i am 6 dpp and am currently pumping 60ml per pump. I tried direct latching for 5 days and its killing me - baby not latching well due to short nipples. is pumping 60ml too little? my S1 just died on me, is there any good comparable pump to recommend?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

60ml is a lot, for me at least - i was inly pumping 15-30ml for the first few weeks! Keep hydrated and try milk boosters or power pump (may risk oversupply though if starting at these early stages). May want to see a LC if you want to let baby latch. I'm using Hegen.

4y ago

The 15 to 30ml is also when you latch the baby? I get this amount at first when I fully latch the baby thru the day. But CL wanted me to express bm for her to feed baby after every latch because baby cries for milk every 1 hourly especially at night. Currently she suggested to only feed fm or expressed bm at night, while I wake up to pump 3 hourly - that's the 60ml yield.

VIP Member

How frequent do you pump? 60 is a lot for 6 dpp https://kellymom.com/hot-topics/pumping_decrease/

4y ago

I try to pump every 3 to 4 hourly round the clock as I also direct latch baby in between. First 5 days I had been latching on demand, sometimes as long as 1 hour or as frequent as every hourly. However the CL wanted to top up baby with expressed bm or fm after every latch. I am having a hard time catching up. ☹