Induce at 39 weeks

Hi mummies. Currently im 38 weeks and my baby is already 2.7kg. Any mummies right here give birth at 38 weeks plus? Currently Im o cm dilate. Im feeling sad. I was hoping for the natural labour signs to kick in by this week before next tue to induce. I will be already in my 39 weeks when dr induce. My dr didnt encourage to wait till 40 weeks as baby will gets bigger and highest chances to Csect. #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby How to dilate faster? Idk how many times I walk and also do squats 😴

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let nature takes its course. Just listen to your gynae (there is a reason why you chose this gynae) and not the non-medical experts. If the baby wants to come out later than 40 weeks let it be. Don't stress on it. The more stress you are, the more stress you are giving to the baby. So please. Do yourself a favour and chill. I am a pregnant woman myself and I am just sticking to what the gynae says. No one should influence you on how you should deliver your baby. As long you and the baby are healthy, that is important.

Read more

Hello! I gave birth at 40 weeks 2 days. Was only 1cm dilated on my EDD, Dr did a sweep and i only gave birth 2 days later. (Was supposed to be admitted and induced at 40 weeks 4-5 days.) How to dilate faster… do squats, deep squats, sit on a yoga ball, do yoga, walk up some flight of stairs or just go for a walk at least an hour a day, eat dates. And i did this, i think this really helps! https://youtu.be/FS5ywrKZSns

Read more

my doctor say the same thing as urs. in the end i kind of regret listening to my doctor. induce was taxing and my baby only came out on the 3rd day of induction. it was really stressful. i wont encourage u to induce however if u really want then can try do more squats and walk around more (like literally a lot more). also try drinking milo w raw egg. both my labours i drank and it helps so much

Read more

I gave birth at 39 weeks, I did all the exercises that you can find on YouTube to help you induce labour once I hit the 37 week, every day at least 1 hr per day. When I went for my check up at 38 weeks 6 days, I was only 1 cm dilated. When I got back from the drs appointment I went for a 2hr walk, did the exercises from YouTube again and then had sex and I gave birth the next day!

Read more

I gave birth at 38weeks 2days and baby was 2.7kg. I wondered why your gynae would choose to induce as 38 weeks at 2.7kg is considered pretty okay? When I walked into the hospital to check I was already 6cm dilated and went to the delivery suite right after. I was still hoping my baby weigh heavier but he decided to come early haha

Read more
2y ago

hahaha i mean she wanted to induced me at week 39 which is on next tue. And currently im 38 weeks 2 days. If can i wanted to have natural birth pain to starts by this week before inducing next week. So good that u already dilated. Probably ur baby cant wait to come out 😬hehe

Don’t worry if you need to induce! I tried to walk etc but also had no signs of labour at all. Doc advise me to induce at 39 weeks as he was afraid baby growing too big. All went well and baby was born at 3kg, natural birth :)

2y ago

yup i took epidural! induced at midnight and gave birth at 3pm next day. pushing was short and baby came out easily, only took ard 10min!

Im 27 weeks and my baby is 2.7-2.9kg...Im worried more. Cos Im very small size petite and my height is only 148cm. I was hoping that my baby would be below 3kg when I laboured but I guess the chances if that now is low?

i gave birth at 38 weeks 2 days. all of my checkup with gynae, i was told that i'm having a big baby. i panicked cause i'm a small sized women. but my baby came out 2.9kg, natural birth. trust your body mummy!

1y ago

Im so happy to read this. Im also small size (148cm) and now at 37 weeks my baby is already 2.7kg-2.9kg...I didnt check for dilation yet but I hope for natural unmedicated birth

I did at 38 wks plus if induced pls don't be stress relax take a deep breath don't think too much ok mommy...maybe walk around climb up the stair who knows u might be naturally dilated

Super Mum

I gave birth at 36+ weeks. Baby is all good! This article has some ways that could help to induce labour. https://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done

2y ago

thank you mummy 👍🏻