hospitalization leave

Hi mummies, I’m currently 37 weeks pregnant, and have gotten the green light from my doctor. She has granted me HL since I was 36 weeks pregnant, however, my employer has been asking me to go back to work despite showing my HL letter. May I ask if I am obligated to work in office despite having HL? Is it wrong to ask an employee to work despite having HL and assume it’s wfh. #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Doesn’t sound fair that you are made to work or return to office since you have a legitimate HL! It might help to share that your doctor granted you HL for a reason (for me, I cited to my bosses about having various pains and concerns), so they know you’re not just slacking at home and having an easy time.. this is your right and I think you should exercise it! Hang in there mama!

Read more
2mo ago

🙆🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

I got an HL from 35 weeks and per MOM it’s your entitlement. Your company can’t force you to work

4w ago

Hi! For me , I had a fall at 34w while carrying my firstborn. Lucky no impact to my bump & babies but the impact was at my knees, pain radiated to hips. Due to that, at gynae visit at 35w, I got HL.