Working in office, undtable first trimester

Hi mummies #advicepls , I’ve been getting on off spotting of brown to pinkish discharge and mild bleeding (once was light red). Been on one week bed rest and 6 duphaston daily. I’m expected to start working next week, which requires me to do site visits and move around for event coordination. Would you request to work from home during this period, how do you share with your boss? Am worried because I’ve already been on HL for 1 week, hope my colleagues will be understanding to cover me while I WFH ): #firsttimemummy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Congratulations and hang in there…must be stressful and full of anxiety during this time. I know that especially since COVID hit, a lot of us have been concerned over job stability from time to time so, while I do not know of your current situation, I’d say to talk to your boss and explain why you had to take hospital leave. Explain the outcome and that you’ll have to take it easy for the time being. Offer alternatives like perhaps covering a role that doesn’t involve too much movement and stress till baby is stronger? I think communication is always good. Also, we tend to always imagine the worst in situations like these - but no harm trying yes? Also, speak with hubby and let him know what you’re intending to do. Talk it out with him and see if you guys can come up with possible options in case speaking with your boss doesn’t turn out well. I believe couples can always work things out together when they’re a team. Hope this helps!

Read more
3y ago

Thanks! I’ll speak to my boss and hopefully things will all work out. Also need to remind myself not to be too stressed over work!