Working Late

I am 23 weeks pregnant now. I always feel very bad for working late too often. My husband always remind me to go home earlier but I have a big project to complete by July. Guilt guilt guilt ?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy to be! Congratulations on your pregnancy. First of all, do you enjoy what you do? I think, knowing that is very important. If you feel like your work is a chore and it's keeping you away from your family, you can maybe look out for something that excites you. If you love what you do and it keeps you engaged and interested, I don't think you should feel guilty about it. If your long hours are tiring you out, then take a look at your workload and see how you can shift things around so you can finish working a little earlier.

Read more
VIP Member

You know your body better. Important thing is not to overwork yourself. As long as you can handle it, it is alright. I'm guilty too. Everyone's telling me to take mc and not work esp when my morning sickness comes in but I have duties to fulfill and I know the sickness will fad away throughout the day. I just asked my boss for a lot of time out to rest whenever I feel weak in the morning and I'm grateful he understands.

Read more

I also facing same issue.. now 29 week.. most impt is have your meals.. I know sometimes when come to work, no time to even tink about meals.. but remember u still have a little one.. dun overstress yourself..

its the other way around in my case..So tired with my second pregnancy..at 22 weeks i am mostly sick leave..but ye, reading other comments for you to take care is way way important..

Hi Im 23wks preggy to be exact. Im working from a shifting environment, my colleagues allowed me to go to work from 6am to 3pm and that is fixed for my entire pregnancy.

VIP Member

Try to balance if you can, I’m a workaholic myself and I always felt guilty. Glad Husband and family was supportive, remember to rest enough once your body need.

VIP Member

Can try to bring work home, at least can have meals on time. And perhaps negotiate for a more flexible working scheme such as working from home

there will always be projects, but baby need you right now for the healthy development , for lifetime benefits na un momsh, gud luck po

Need to balance out. Your husband is worried about you. Take good care of yourself, dont overwork. It will affect you and baby.

Jiayou mum! I believe work life balance is cery important.. but dont get urself too tired n too stressed doing ur big project