Miscarriage.. to opt for surgery (D&C) or wait for my body to bleed naturally

I am 11 weeks pregnant but baby growth is slower than expected with no heartbeat and I am diagnosed with missed miscarriage. Gynae advise I can wait for my body to miscarry naturally or opt for D&C. I hope to be able to bleed naturally but not sure when will it happen and how long I can withstand especially since I am coping with very bad morning sickness every single day :( I also thought its quite traumatising to bleed baby out? Should I opt for D&C instead? Anyone with similar experience care to share? Thank you. đŸ™đŸ»

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've had 2 miscarriages and both was natural. To go natural may take sometime for the gestational sac or like yours, fetus, to come out on it's own. My recent miscarriage was last year but I was already bleeding for 3 weeks before it came out naturally when I actually have opted for D&C the day before it came out. It was traumatising and devastating to be honest cos I saw it and I actually picked it up. Thank god I was cleared of any remnants inside. D&C is faster but again, it is really up to you as it is your body. May all goes well for you. Do let your body recover completely at least for 6 months. Take confinement foods and drinks. Take care.

Read more

I miscarried around the same week as you and contemplated whether to opt for natural or DC. Ended up going for DC as advised by gynae and family as it would be painful to wait emotionally and during the miscarriage cramps as well. It may take weeks for it to dispel out of your body. Another reason is because I want to make sure there would be no remnants so I can get pregnant again.

Read more

Would suggest D&C. I went through naturally and it was quite traumatising seeing everything come out and the pain. D&C would be faster and it should clean things out for you to start planning for your pregnancy. Take care

d&c will shorten the pain. for bleeding naturally you will go through the contraction pains.. i went through miscarriage and childbirth myself, I can say the contraction pains are as intense as the childbirth one..

Sorry to know what you are going through. Can't give you my view on which to opt for as both are traumatic. Please have confinement after that and rest well. Take care.

Hugs. Did the gynae give you a period of time to wait? I hv not experienced this. I only got a miscarriage at 7weeks, naturally. I prae that all is well for you.