My husband and I are thinking of a date night for our wedding anniversary but my 4 months old baby refuses the bottle* and also only wants me to carry if not he will cry..... Since I am going back to work next month, we were thinking of using this opportunity to start training him by leaving him with my parents (technically he should be familiar with them but he also doesn't allow carrying) take care of him for 4 hours while we go out. Have any of you with similar experience? Will this progressive training work? How long is it fair to let him cry out? Or should we just eat at the kopitiam downstairs so that we can run back up if needed? *we have tried different bottles and I will go out of the house for that few minutes and let the other caregiver feed him but nothing works

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think u need to start training him. although I don't support the crying out method but really no choice. it's also discipline for them. meanwhile you can also talk to him n reassure him that you are going to work/out and will be back at night. my baby also recently refuses the bottle. when we go out my mil will feed and she cries and screams so loudly but eventually she gave in amd finish her feed. they won't starve themselves! hope you have some luck in getting him to accept the bottle. just go for ur date n enjoy but not too long haha

Read more