husband wants to live separately from famimly

My husband and I have been married for about 4 years and we have 2 children, one baby and one toddler. Like any household, we don't always get along perfectly, but I thought that was normal. However, lately, my husband has seemed quieter and just says "yes, yes" to everything. Two weeks ago, he was transferred to another office (the distance is kind of in between, not close but not too far either). Yesterday, he said he wanted to rent an apartment near his office because he's tired of commuting back and forth. After digging deeper, it turns out he feels physically tired and... tired of coming home to a messy house. Seeing me and hearing all my stories of the day (I’m a housewife). Not to mention when I get angry. He feels that he can't focus and work optimally at the office. He said he would come home on weekends, but during weekdays he wants to stay in the apartment... I’m sad and confused. I understand what he’s saying about our house always being messy because we have two small children. I do always talk and complain a lot. I also often unconsciously get angry with him, maybe because I'm tired from taking care of the house and the kids all day... He somewhat blames this for his failure to get a promotion to a better position. He says his mental state is somewhat affected. It seems he’s not really fond of young children. Do you think it’s normal for a husband to want to live separately from his wife and children?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

why not hire a helper to help you with the house chore, then at least it will be less messy & you can focus more on your husband (lesser daily complaint conversation). renting an aparttment need money, why not hire a maid too? hope you can solve this with husband soon.

We are kinda in the same boat but with only a child. I guess you should be thankful that your husband doesn't raise his voice at you and that he is so calm when it comes to you nagging. And also he didn't make any harsh decision. Mine did. He filed a divorce on me.

5mo ago

So sorry to hear this. It sucks to be married to a boy. Stay strong sister!

Def not normal I agree w using thr rental cost for a helper instead. it will ease your workload and prob help in your overall well being and mood. which hopefully can improve the marriage life... gotta work with it since the Kids are already out...

Red flags! Sounds like your husband having an affair.

💕

🤍

5mo ago

Why every member post you always send an emoji. Can't you type something meaningful?