Can’t decide if I should have another child after bad postpartum depression

My husband and I always wanted 2 kids but I had pretty bad unexpected postpartum depression (and anxiety) quite immediately after birth 1.5 years ago. With clinical help, good family support and going back to work, I think I’m 80-90% recovered. Even though I try to convince myself that things may be better this time round , I can’t bear the thought of going through this process again. However, the one thing that really bothers me and creeps me out from time to time is whether or not I should have another child. The main reason is because i‘m worried that my baby will be lonely and my anxiety brings me fear that she will be without support when we pass on. I know ultimately this will be a decision that my husband I have to make and agree on. But it will really help me if I can hear from all of you. Thank you P.s. Please please please do seek help if you suspect you/your loved one has ppd/ppa.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
4y ago

Why would you share such an article in response? Depression is not a choice, who wants to affect their child’s development negatively if they have a choice?