thalassemia blood

Me and my husband got thalassemia blood.. who got came across this problem ? And my pregnancy will be ok?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If both u and ur hubby have thalassemia, its better to check see if u are alpha or beta. Can go to the thalassemia registry at kkh. $15 per person they will do comprehensive blood test for u. Ask ur gynae to refer u and they will send the report to ur gynae. https://www.kkh.com.sg/patient-care/conditions-treatments/thalassaemia-childhood-illnesses

Read more

Got to know i had thalassemia too, but not m husband. Doc told me not to worry as it wont benpassed down to baby if only one parent has it. As both of u jave it, best to seek the doc advice on what to do next... do read up about it too. Think there is a counselling session as well. All the best and stay strong.

Read more

I have thalassemia blood (Low), my Husband doesn’t, so far we don’t have any concern about baby blood. If two of you have thalassemia its better to talk with doctor, they might have solution for Mother before giving birth.

I got thalassemia! Husband went for blood testing (ordered by gynae) to see if he is thalassemic. I think gynae will ask you to go for counseling (we were sent for counseling even though I was the one with alpha-t)

This must check with ur gynae. Follow his instructions and have regular check up.

Have you checked if it is major or minor? If it is minor, your baby should be fine but do inform your gynae about it. They are able to better advise you from there.

5y ago

I got alpha thalassemia ..