is it okay for hubby to flirt with others?

Hubby and me are currently going through marriage counselling session. Why we went through these is because I found flirting messages that he sent with a woman and when I confronted him, he says that's all because I did not give him regular sex life and he is just venting out. No actions done. I agree, after pregnancy of my #1 and now with #2, I always felt tired and rejected him when he initiates. Or rather I originally have low sexual drive. Is that a reason of betrayal? He also says I have invaded his privacy which that's something that he cannot tolerate. I thought counselling can helps to make him understand he is wrong in that aspect for the messages and the most ridiculous thing is he told the woman he still not convinced our 2 year old son belongs to him. I wanted to do DNA to prove my innocence and give justice to my Son but he wanted to ask me pay first cos he does not have enough $. I often think why am I deserving such a treatment just because I did not attend to his sexual needs? Now my question is why will he think his is totally not at fault? I cannot rationale this and he told the counsellor the reason why he comes for the session is just want to see how the counsellor resolve my low sex drive issue and not to save the marriage for our differences and no trust? If my issue is settled, everything will be back to normal and he simply did not think on how bad I was hurt about the betrayal and injustice about doubting our Son is not his. I kind of helpless too cos I am 6 months pregnant with our Daughter now. If there is any daddy advice addressing my question will be appreciated too. Sorry for the lengthy post.

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there, hang in there.. i feel you! and you are a strong brave woman! counselling surely the 1st correct step youve taken. however if this doesnt work.. you have to make a concrete decision to leave or not. pls remember a tiger never change his stripes... i know this will be a hurting process for you but we are here to support you! good luck yeah..

Read more

Sorry please don't get offended but did u ever have a fling too? Because if not why would he suspect the Son is not his?? And men uses d*ck to think not brain Nor heart. Voice out to the counsellor that u want to him to know that flirting is wrong n he should not do it be it have sex or no sex.

No matter what the reason or cause is, it does not justify the action. Both parties have their faults. It is not a game of who was at fault. But rather hearing each other out and trying to solve it.

Men need sex, it boost their morale sadly. that's how Thier minds work. If a person wants to flirt they will do it. Cheating comes in many forms, mentally, emotionally, physically.

7y ago

Apparently he thinks I was the cause of the texts as he is just venting out

VIP Member

NO. Never OK. This is emotional cheating. Reading through, I can tell that your hubby is a douchebag. Please, for your own sanity, leave him already.

What he is doing to you is so toxic, and you deserve better. Please put your needs above his and blame yourself for his behaviour/things he do.

Probably he feels that it's just flirting. He didnt had any sexual intercourse or relationship with that lady

7y ago

Exactly he felts nothing wrong at all but he claims he did not have any actions with that woman but how do I know??

i have so much to share with u.. i have same situation.. lol..

I don't know. But it depends on trust. My wife ket me flirt

Cannot!!!! How is it your fault?!?