Bm

How do u store your breast milk? I mean , do u all pour in and store between 150ml - 200 ml per packet or according to your baby’s intake? Eg , my baby now drink 90 ml per feed, should I pack them into 90 ml per packet? As I am returning to work in Two months time, I don’t have an idea how much his intake will be. How do I gauge? Is it ok if I pass the infant care few packet of milk (each around 180ml) then they disseminate from there into individual feeding?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would pack it in smaller feeds (80-100ml) so there’s less wastage and it’s easier to freeze flat. I will worry about the ifc accidentally spilling my milk during transfer from freezer bag to bottle, so I’d prefer to thaw at home and transfer it into the bottle myself, so that the ifc just needs to heat up the bottle and feed.

Read more
4y ago

In addition, if you pour out the milk yourself, if one FBM pack is not enough for one feed, you can also mix with fresh BM.

TapFluencer

pack in small portion ie 50ml 100ml to prevent wastage I do not give BM to infant care cause I doubt they can handle it well. Teacher did share with me that warm up BM is troublesome n taking longer time than preparing FM. Milk is sensitive so I will rather let my boy drink FM at infant care, feed him BM at home.

Read more
Super Mum

I would pack them individually for freezing, as in the volume per feed to one pack. Because it’s not safe to thaw/heat up and keep the leftover for the next feed. If your baby’s drinking 90ml now, then the estimate is probably 120-150ml in 2 months time?

Super Mum

I'd pack as per feed. Remember not to fill milk storage bag full eg dont fill 150ml if bag capacity is 150ml - breast milk expands.

VIP Member

Depending on your ifc. For mine, they told me to packed it according to each feed.