How to stop kids from urinating (bye bye and thank you diaper) while sleeping at night?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Children learn to control their bladder when they are awake first before they can start to learn to keep dry when they are asleep. They need to learn that the 'full' sensation in their bladder means that they have to empty their bladder. Once they achieve daytime continence, they may be able to start to learn nap time or night time continence. Reduce fluids at night, get them to empty their bladder bladder before they sleep and consider if you need to wake them up in the middle of the night to bring them to the toilet. Developmentally, night time continence may in some children only kick in when they are 5 years old, sometimes later.

Read more
8y ago

Can I ask at what age is it appropriate to start toilet training them?

Its hard for them to control especially when they sleep so good. My son was potty train since 3 and now he is 5 but probably 1-3x a month he pees on the bed. I would advise you to have them pee as often as possible before they sleep. Even they are in bed and still awake, tell them to try to pee. I also sometimes notice my son moves a lot at midnight, i wake him up and tell him to pee. It helps.

Read more

I hard for them to control.. u must slowly train them.. u can start from after nap first or during at home.. b4 make them sleep bring them to toilet first.. then keep remind them tat they r not on diaper.. it take time to train them

TapFluencer

My elder stopped diapers when my younger came along... My younger only stopped successfully, after being punished several times to sleep on the floor though

My 6 year old step son wont stop peeing in the bed at night. It stared up when he starred visiting his mother

Wake them up to urinate at night. Its hard so need a lot of patients