How much water should we be giving 2 year old? Currently my 2 year old drinks about 150ml of plain water, 120ml of gripe water and other fluids such as soup and milk daily.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A healthy child between 1 and 3 years old needs about 1.3 liters of fluids a day - which can be a mixture of milk, water, juices, soups etc. One of the ways to check if your child is getting enough fluids is to check the colour of his or her pee. If your child is getting enough fluids, the pee will be light-coloured or colourless. If not, like adults who are dehydrated, the pee will be a darker yellow or even brown.

Read more
VIP Member

I have no idea on what's the "suggested" guidelines, but I just let him drink whenever he wants - and also to drink after play! As long as your child is drinking well and pee is colourless with regular wet diapers/trips to toilet, then not to worry :)

VIP Member

I didn't follow any chart. i just leave a bottle there, every 15mins -30mins i get them to drink. Any excess water will be expelled out.

I never really follow. I usual give water after every meal. Teabreak as well. And other then then, soup or milk.