How much tummy time should I be giving my 11 weeks old LO? Should it be on a daily basis? and Split into multiple session?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can start by having two or three sessions a day, just a few minutes each time will do. As the baby grows, you can then aim for longer duration. :) Some safety issues to take note of would include: - have your baby on a low, solid surface (reduces the risk of rolling off of a couch or bed) - do not leave your baby unattended - switch your baby back to his/her back once your baby gets drowsy Also, avoid having tummy time just after meals as baby will be uncomfortable.

Read more

In the beginning, play with Baby on his tummy two to three times a day for about three to five minutes each session. As he gets stronger, gradually increase the length of time Baby spends on his stomach. Only play with Baby on his stomach when he is awake and alert. When you are playing with him, make sure he is on a hard surface, such as the floor. A good time to play with your child in this position is after a diaper change or nap.

Read more
VIP Member

Once your LO wake up and being active, you can turn over and let your LO train his neck strength, once they tired they will cry or lay down on the bed or playmat. I never count how many time he must do or he need to do. Oh ya, can help support them higher with a pillow on top of their chest or bolster also can. Baby pillow bolster work fine.

Read more

Yes on a daily basis and a few times each day.. Can try a few mins each time.. Don't be afraid to give more tummy time as it helps to strengthen their neck back etc and in time to come this is essential for them to learn to flip crawl sit stand :)

Max about 10 mins each session. You can continue doing so for 2-3 times.

I started like 5 10 15mins. Gradually increasing the timings

I only give around 5min 2 or 3 times a day.