hi, how much should a 5 months old sleep per nap? my baby sleeps 30 mins, 1-2hour on good day. is it too less? but she sleeps often tho.. like wake up, milk, play awhile and latch to sleep or sleep in hammock..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy may I know your baby sleeps altogether how many hours in a day? Maybe your baby naps lesser but he sleeps longer at night? As long as he is sleeping the recommended no of hours for his age I think it is ok that his nap is shorter. Anyway their naps get longer as they grow older and they will start to drop off 1 or 2 naps in replacement for longer naps. My gal used to nap 4-5 times a day with the longest stretching 45 mins . Then she started to do 1-1.5 hours and I was elated. Now at 10mo she does 3 naps a day, actually can do two naps but I make her bedtime a bit later so she naps once more in the evening . So I will say short naps are ok for now but it should get longer as they grow older and have less frequent naps so there is more time for activities.

Read more
8y ago

hi mummy! she would wake up around 10am, or 11am, thn I'll latch her a little. play with her a while and latch her to sleep or put her in the hammock after latching. she would sleep Max 30mins, good days 1 hr on the hammock, but on the bed 1-2hours. and the cycle carry on.. example, 10am wake up, 11am sleep, 1130wake up, 1230 or 1 sleep, 130 or 2 wake up, 3+ sleep again. some times she will skip playing and just continuously sleep after waking up and latching. and she sleeps around 9pm/10pm at

It is on the Low side

Post reply image

For ur reference

Post reply image

For it reference

Post reply image