How much age gap should be given for second baby?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Veena, I think this is a very personal choice and there cannot be a 'right' answer for what you asked. there are some friends of mine who chose to go for the second kid even while the first one was barely a year or two old. then there are others who wanted to wait for at least 6 to 8 years before they had another kid, so that they could spend enough exclusive quality with the first born and also be able to manage the new baby better when the first one can take care of himself or herself. i personally chose to keep a gap of about 5 to 6 years in my kids, as i wanted to spend a lot of alone time with my first born, and wanted her to be more able to handle the changes when the new baby arrived. there are also various other factors that come into play, such as when the parents are financially stable to have another baby, the health of the mother, the support system available at home and many such things. it is best to talk all this through with your partner and then take a call.

Read more

I have three kids. The eldest one is 12, the second is 8 while third is 6. I don't know what the exact or the ideal gap should be, but after having my second ad tried child, I have formed an opinion that if one wants to have more than one child, one should have kids back to back. One year difference is also fine. Because, when you have kids back to back, it is easy, and if there is a long gap, as a woman it is difficult to make up your mind to have more kids after say gap of three or two years because by that time when your life comes back to track that your first kid id little less dependent on you, it takes heart to again get ready to get into the pregnancy mode again.

Read more

It depends on how much mentally ready you are for the second baby at what time. I conceived when my first baby was just 13 months old, but I did not continue because I was not mentally ready to carry the second pregnancy. So, in my opinion, it all depends on your mental acceptance and physical health.

Read more