How many tried shaving baby's head and the hair growth after that is significantly thicker and richer? And how many have tried and proven that this is just a myth?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is just a myth. I didn't shave both of my kids' hair when they were a baby and their hair turn out thick when grow older. The hair that a baby is born with may or may not be the hair that they grow up with. Shaving a baby’s head will not alter the texture of their ultimate hair nor will it cause their hair to grow faster or thicker. You may notice thicker and fuller hair after shaving but it's actually did not alter the hair growth. Here is the explanation from http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/men/shaving-tips/does-shaving-make-hair-grow-back-thicker.htm Hair growth is determined below the surface of the skin, in the dermis, where a tiny tube called a hair follicle is located. Shaving only gives the appearance of thicker hair. That's because a person's hair naturally tapers at the end. When you shave, all you're doing is mowing down the thin shaft and exposing the thicker part of the hair near the skin. While the resulting stubble might seem thicker, it's not. It looks fuller because the hair is cut straight and short.

Read more

This is an issue that still intrigues me till today. I was told that when I was young, I had very little hair. In my pictures I always had on girly hats because apparently I had very little hair and mistaken for a boy. Then my late grandma shaved off whatever I had in terms of hair and massaged olive oil into my scalp. Apparently hair grew and today, my older relatives attribute my long thick locks today because of that method. Not really scientific and don't know if it's relevant, just thought I'd share my story heehee.

Read more

Idza it was probably the olive oil that gave your hair the necessary nutrients. Haha! My baby has had her hair shaven and it is still baby soft, short, thin and sparse. Me and 2 of my siblings did not have our hair shaven before and yet our hairs are thick. So much so that the hairstylist definitely will comment on our hair thickness whenever we go for haircuts. I strongly believe it's a myth!

Read more

thanks