How many ounces of water should I give my 10-month-old baby in a day?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

It's a general rule that babies below 6 months should not be given with water and that babies less than one year of age should be given water to only a minimum. I've read that even a few sips may do after eating solids, or if your baby is an extra thirsty one, maybe you can give an ounce or two. While water is touted to be a universal need, it isn't really true for infants. Breast milk and formula milk already contain water and any excess of it can distrupt a baby's blood sodium. Babies do not respond very well to this change, and if gravely triggered, it may cause water intoxication.

Magbasa pa

7months na baby ko, nag start sya kumain nung 6months, advice ng pedia ni baby kung pwede daw is breastmilk or formula ang ipainum hanggang mag 1yearold kahit pa kumakain sya. specially kung ung mga cereal(cerelac), processed baby foods yung ipapakain.

I've read that for 10-month old babies, you can give an ample amount of water by checking the baby's weight, divide it by two and for every pound give her an ounce of water.

2-4 ounces between meals is often recommended. For constipated babies, about 6-8 ounces water is best. But it's still best to consult your pedia just to be super sure :)

6 ounces of water every 2-3 hours Kung Kaya nyang maubos

6 once po every 3hour...

VIP Member

6 to 8 yata ok na

6 to 8 mommy