How many of you actually sing a lullaby to your baby? Any personal favourites?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just to add on to Nooraini's mention of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" This is the full lyrics to this song (that I suppose many may not know): Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Up above the world so high, Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! When the blazing sun is gone, When he nothing shines upon, Then you show your little light, Twinkle, twinkle, all the night. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! Then the traveller in the dark, Thanks you for your tiny spark, He could not see which way to go, If you did not twinkle so. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! In the dark blue sky you keep, And often through my curtains peep, For you never shut your eye, Till the sun is in the sky. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! As your bright and tiny spark, Lights the traveller in the dark,— Though I know not what you are, Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Twinkle, twinkle, little star, How I wonder what you are! I personally found it very nice! Just to share. :)

Read more

Mine is good old "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". The moment I sing this he knows it's time to sleep. I make sure I don't sing this song at any other times so he knows. Normally takes me about 10 to put him to sleep if I sing this song on repeat. Otherwise I'll singalong whatever song is on the radio.

Read more

For me, I sing in Mandarin, 虎姑婆 (Hu Gu Po)(ENG: Night Auntie Tigress). I am very attached to this song as my own mother used to sing it to me when I was young. I am not intend to scare my children but the rhyme is very catchy. Both of my kids love the song.

VIP Member

I like to sing a medley of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Superstar by The Carpenters, Black Bird by The Beatles.... hmmm, just realized they're not really the most positive of songs, but hey, they have a beautiful melody. :)

Adele's "Make You Feel My Love" and anything Ed Sheeran. Or the old Disney classics, "A Whole New World", "Part of that world", "Beauty and the Beast".

thanks