How do you make your teenage daughter avoid friends who are bad influence on her. (Or, should I even?) Friends who curse - as expression, rebel against their parents, feeling depressed and all.. I know my daughter loves me but I'm scared she'll be like them soon. How do i encourage her to find friends who are GOD fearing?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

As parents we just want good for our kids , At school its just normal that they can really met friends that are maybe bad influence with them but we are there to guide them and let them discover life . Maybe the best thing to do is to let them feel that you are always at her side no matter what as a guide to what ever path they want to take. Make them see it in you , be a role model that they may see things in you that they will follow . With your question in how to encourage them find friends who are God fearing ? encourage her to build a relationship in the church where you are going or introduce her to your churchmates kids . Let us be a guiding light to our child and thats part of how we care and love them i hope they will understand us .

Magbasa pa

My mom had the same fear so she used to invite my friends at home so she could "screen" them and talk to them. My mom never told me not to befriend someone just because she doesn't think they're good enough, but she tells me (until now) that I should be old and wise enough to make decisions, including who should be part of my life. To encourage her to be friends with God-fearing people, try discussing with her groups that she could join in church :)

Magbasa pa

When I was younger, my dad would go to our school almost everyday to fetch me, at the same time he took time to know all of my classmates. I remember he kept telling me the names of my classmates that I can be friends with because he said they're the good girls/boys in the class. His approach was positive. Instead of saying, don't be friends with the bad guys, he pushed me to be friends only with those whom he know would be good influence to me.

Magbasa pa