Labour length and when does it go to c-sec?

How long were you in labour for? Would I have to do c-sect if my labour exceeds 15 hours?

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

for my 1st one I was in labor ward for 31 hours, my baby's heartbeat still normal during that time, so my gynae didn't consider c-sect, I push for 1 hour then in the end she comes out with the help of forceps, at least no need to do emergency c-sect 😉

40 weeks and Day 2 but hasn't labour yet. I am so worried now. What to do ?? Due to pandemic i can't walk outside but I've been squating , taking EPO and even drinking pineapple juices and yet i don't feel any contractions.

VIP Member

I experienced 4 hours labour; however, I think it doesn’t depend on the length but rather on baby’s condition while you are in labour i.e. heartbeat, umbilical cord wrapping around baby’s neck, baby pooping inside, no more waters, etc.

It's depend on the practice in the hospital. If in my place, when mother is in labour, we wait for 10 to 12 hours in labour. Usually they take 10 hrs. If the opening still not fully yet, we push for cesear

ako 40weeks and 1day na baby ko no sign of labor padin kahit naglakad lakad na ko nung isang araw nag paIE ako 3cm until now di padin ako naglilabor huhuhu anu ginawa nyo mga sis?

3y ago

I sat on the bounce ball for the last 2 weeks and I waited until 5 days past 40th week tapos I contracted spontaneously. Fyi only 5% of women deliver babies on schedule. Our bodies have its own clock. Just dont go past 41 weeks and were still generally safe especially when u dont have naman complications the past 9 months.

VIP Member

My labour went into 32 hours. Usually once your waterbag breaks, they give u a time frame of 24hrs. Once 24hrs, still no sign of active labour, they will go for csect.

mga moms. im 40 weeks and 1 day.due date ko kahapon. advisable po ba na pumunta nako hospital? kahit wala pa akong contraction?. nakakakaba kasi... pa advice po

3y ago

same po I'm 3 days past due date narin po. 40 weeks and 3 days today. As of yesterday nasa 3-4cm na ako. but before that umiinom na ako ng Primerose, Buscopan and Axetil for my UTI. nung 3 ako nakakaramdam ng Pain pero today lang lumala or tumitindi yung pananakit ng balakang and Cramps ko signs of active labor daw. mejo natatakot lang ako kasi nilalabasan din ako ng jelly like blood. di ko alam if yun ba yung tinatawag nilang Blood Show. advise po?

almost 48hours labour,the pain was unbearable but I thank God for giving me the strength to deliver my baby normally. God is really amazing.

Sharing my friend's experience as well. She had to undergo emergency c section as her cervix was only 4cm dilated after 12 hours after going into labour.

I was in labor for almost 24 hours and I was stuck in 2 cm even when they already induced me or something so the doctor decided to do a c-sec. Gosh.