How long is confinement ? Is it 28, 30 or 31 days?Is it on day 31 we can start blow fan or need wait

How long is confinement ? Is it 28, 30 or 31 days?Is it on day 31 we can start blow fan go out or need wait? Does it count from the day we give birth in hospital ? Aka my give birth date is 6 Apr, baby full month is 6 May. Does full month mean I'm free to blow fan and go and wash hair everyday from 6 may onwards?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I honestly feel like modern mums should lax a little when it comes to confinement "rules". These rules were created many years ago when technology wasn't like today. Also, the living condition and the climate is very different. What we have to understand is the reason for these rules. Most of it is so that "wind" don't get inside our body. They ask not to shower because in the olden days, there's no water heater. Showering would mean cold water and possibly a trip to the well. Kampong house is also much much cooler. I showered the moment I got home from the hospital and everyday after that. Just do it with warm water and maybe in the late afternoon before the weather cools down. They ask not to go out of the house but we have to bring baby for jaundice check (??) Also, in the olden days, houses have staircases so getting out of the house may post risks. Some older people even say don't drink a lot of water (!!!!!!) A total red flag to me because hello?? hydration very important for breastfeeding/recovering/ relieving of water retention/ etc etc etc. so just think for yourself la hor.

Read more