Telling hubby that I don’t like the things he buys me

How do let your husband know (nicely and lightly) that you don't like his taste in the clothes he buys you? He does it so lovingly that I feel bad, but I don't want him wasting more money on stuff I won't end up wearing. Nor do I want to give them away. Help! #relationship #honesty #shopping #clothes

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I've been there, we face exactly the same scenario...both our husbands are generous and we appreciate that! at first I really do not know how to say that The clothes he buys for me is not really my fashion taste or type. What I did is I told him to take me everytime he will buy something for me, or if not possible, take picture and send it to me thru watsapp. it's also a great bonding for both of you if you shop together. communication is still the best solution. Hope it helps!

Read more

just tell him nicely that u are thankful that he is so sweet of his act. and straight tell. that u do not want him to waste $$.or u can date him out for shopping together and show him what type of clothing you like . i.believe he will know ur taste soon . or u can tell him u prefer to the clothing onyour own in a very nice nice sweet way. and maybe u can give me more allowance hahaha

Read more
VIP Member

Are you breastfeeding as in latching? If yes, i will tell him now, it's difficult to buy clothing, as i need to wear something that i latch my baby easy on and off anywhere. Letting him know, with baby, you will like to dress something you are comfortable, scare you will hardly had the chance to wear the clothing he got you. Baby is always a good excuse for everything

Read more

Have a good talk with him. Share with him that you appreciate his gesture of love however, you prefer going shopping together with him or else you wld like to shop yrself to destress a little. Thank him for his lind attention and may ne u can tell him that it would be a waste of money as you still have quite a lot of clothes that r not wore.

Read more

Maybe you can drop hints on what do you like? Bring him to the store and say, this is so pretty, I love this style or design! Saying straight to his face that you dislike his taste would be hurtful to his feeling. So try doing it in a different way! I think it's sweet that the Husband buy clothing for the Wife~

Read more

I would open up & honestly lay it out for my hub that he's wasting money if i don't wear them. As they're not suitable for me. He will get it & asks me what i prefer. Haha so i tell him & he will get something that i will use instead.

Shop together! Show him the kinda things you like. Show him your magazine clippings and go, this one very nice hor? But your hub is so very sweet! Those you didn't end up wearing, can tailor/alter to your liking? :)

My husband likes to see me in certain clothes and I have always believed in dressing to please your husband. So I have no problem with it. I want him to think I am attractive and sexy.

Tell him that you'd love to have a shopping trip with him, where he picks the tab instead? And you can drop him hints on the styles you like along the way.

tell him although it's nice of him to buy you stuff but he's taking the fun of shopping from you. and tell him "if you love me get me a sub Card :)"