how do you know when is dilation ? Any tips of relieving contraction as well and also any method for sleeping position as i feel difficult to sleep in third trimester as i can feel some bones rubbing in me.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dilation differs from each pregnant woman. Some experienced it earlier than others in during the stages of pregnancy. When you are into week 35 of pregnancy, your gynae check up should be on a weekly basis. You are able to check with your gynae if you have started dilation. I only experienced it when i was into week 39 while some of my friends experienced it at week 36. You can consider getting a sleeping pillow to help you sleep better at night. I got mine from mothercare. It works for me. This is the link to the pillow as reference: http://www.mothercare.com.sg/maternity/maternity-essentials/support-feeding-pillows/dreamgenii-pregnancy-and-feeding-support-pillow.html

Read more

My gynae performs weekly vaginal check starting from weeks 37 of pregnancy. To relief braxton hicks, during each hardening you can change position or walking around and it will go after that. For the sleeping position, it is very normal as our tummy is getting heavier. You can get a pregnancy pillow and sleep on your left side.

Read more
Post reply image

Gynae will advise u