1st trimester tired but can’t sleep well

Currently at week 6. Since week 4, I haven’t been sleeping well every now and then. Some days I could sleep but some days I found myself keep waking up in the middle of night. I tried to rest as much as possible but just don’t feel well rested without good sleep. Anyone has same problems and any tips to improve sleep? #firsttimemom #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

happened to me in first trimester and happening again to me in third trimester 😫 dont stress about whether you can sleep or not, can sleep good. cannot sleep then just relax. the more you stress the harder it is to sleep! you'll be tired for sure, your body is using a lot of energy to help baby grow. I personally cut down on my schedule a lot in order to have more rest time (eg. I go out less, I try not to work overtime, I try not to stand up too long etc) to conserve my energy in those days I dont get good sleep. I asked my doctor for advice, she say try to exercise in the evening to "tire" my body out a bit. no chocolates or tea near evening time (these contain caffeine). try to meditate or relax with some soft relaxation music from youtube or spotify. it is a pregnancy symptom due to the changing levels of hormones, hope you'll get some good rest!

Read more

u sound just like me ...im 6 weeks ...I could not slp even though ..im sleepy...waking up every 3 to 2 hour which is not likely me.. try walking for half n hr about 3 or 4 hours before bed time ..it helps me.

5mo ago

Ya I’m like getting used to waking up every few hours through the night now haha.. yes will try to do some yoga or light walking as my doc discouraged too much walking

Im at week 8. Tired, exhausted and feel like not enough rest. Wake up in the middle of the night to pee and my morning sickness usually comes after 11pm :(

Same here! but 如意油 and a well-ventilated room helps me to sleep better. oh and my chouchou over my head. hahah jiayo mummy!

Sweetie, that’s nothing compared to the real deal when the baby arrives. That’s when sleep deprivation is your new friend