How do we introduce a different teats milk bottle? My lo using avent natural from birth till now. And now changing to avent classic. He doesn't deems to drink using avent classic.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sometimes when babies are outside they tend to drink less because of stimulating environment so v distracted to drink properly. My son is like that. We just make a smaller feed when we are outside and feed what we can. Maybe within the half hr try to offer him the remaining milk while it is still somewhat warm. I will just have to feed him more when we reach home - maybe more cereal for dinner or he will be hungry at night and wake for one more feed or drink 30ml more at his night feeds I been using abt the same size test since day one (M size) He is 9+months now. If the flow too slow - sometimes u will see they suck till the teat "collapse" when they release it. If too fast (I tried to use L), they will drink a few mouths and then want to spit the teat out U can always use back whatever test that is working for ur LO

Read more

Some babies are more sensitive to changes in teat, and in such instances, maybe its best to stick to what they are comfortable with. If you really need to change bottles, then just keep offering the bottle to him. You may also want to see if the flow is the same - slow, fast, normal flow - S, M and L size. Sometimes if the flow is too slow they are unable to suck well, or if the flow is too fast, they will choke.

Read more
8y ago

thanks thanks. I will let my lo get use to the new bottle..

Hi actually is there a reason for changing the size of his teats? If he is still ok with the old ones why not continue using them. I used pigeon 0months teats for my gal until about 6mo. If he doesn't take to the avent Classic it could be he is not ready to change teats yet. I usually only change teats size if he is taking a long time to finish his milk

Read more
8y ago

because he don't really drink whenever we are outside for the day. so we thought it might be the teats is short for naural avent. so changed to classic teat as Its quite long so probably he is able to suck. but he don't really drink also too.

Any particular reason you want to change teat? If your bub is f8ne with the current teat better not to change. Some of them are very attached to their bottles. However, if really need be then you can only do it via trial and error.