How to instill leadership since young?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would say to help your child build confidence in his/her abilities. Always affirm his/her efforts and be generous with praises when he/she does well. Also, giving him/her opportunities to problem solve and make decisions may help. Whether or not a child is inclined to take on a leadership role is probably dependent on his/her character. That being said, I believe leadership skills could be picked up and would be useful as the child grows up. You can try role-playing or enrolling a child into camps to help him/her pick up some leadership skills in a group setting.

Read more

Growing up as a middle child and an older sibling definitely helped me develop leadership skills. But if you're the youngest or the only child, it does not mean that leadership skills cannot be honed. Give your child some form of responsibility (a chore or a task). Learning to be responsible for something is a key component of leadership and this will set your child on the right path :)

Read more

I GIVE MY LITTLE ONE ADDITIONAL RESPOSIBILITIES IN ADDITION TO HER OWN SO THAT SHE WILL LEARN TO HANDLE MULTI TASKS AND ALSO BE LESS PRESSURED WHEN TRUSTED IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE.

don't micro-manage him. ask him more questions to cultivate thinking process, rather than give him answer directly. must learn to 放下 and have 信心 towards your child