breastmilk

how to increase breast milk? its been 2 wks since delivered and only manage to get 30ml or lesser on every pump

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Drink 3L of fluids a day Eat well, especially carbohydrates and protein. You may try oats, papaya soup, fenugreek, seaweed, etc (variable success with these specific foods) Sleep and not feeling stressed do wonders for generating the next let down reflex to bring about more milk Latch on demand if you’re willing and able. Based on experience, baby’s suckling is a lot more effective in getting more milk to come. In between feeds, do power pumping. If you’re exclusively pumping, target to pump every 2-3 hours during waking hours while you’re building up your supply. All that being said, some mums naturally have a lot of milk, and some have less. My supply is just nice for my LO (but my LO drinks less than most babies), and my supply fluctuates even at 8 months pp.. Bottom line is, you’re doing a great job providing breastmilk for your little one ❤️ Enjoy the journey, and never feel ashamed to top up with formula milk if you need/want to.

Read more

Set 1 hour daily aside to do power pumping. The earlier you do. The more established milk supply you will build. Also try to latch more in the day, with the aid of Baby's stimulation, it will send signal to the breast to make more milk. Importantly, lots of fluid intakes, good rest and try milk boosters like oats, papaya fish soup, or even Lactation cookies.. Stress and insufficient rest are the greatest rivals you meet during breastfeeding. Hang in there mummy.

Read more
TapFluencer

Drink plenty of water. Latch more often and after latch pump to let your body produces more milk. It works in demand and supply and also how fats you empty your breast. The empty it is it make milk faster than a full ones. Can try power pump to have more let downs Eat milk booster food. Salmon Oats Milo Barley Durian Edaname Green papaya fish soup Steam Threadfin fish If you need more assistance you can DM me at my ig @MummyJLife

Read more
TapFluencer

Drink plenty of water, eat milk booster food Oats Milo Barley Durian Edaname 100 plus Salmon Green papaya fish soup Steam Threadfin fish Red Dates water Egg Brown rice

Read more

Hi, Increase the frequency of pumping and increase more green leafy vegetables in your diet as they are full of iron. Also drink plenty of water during the day.