How do I measure my lo feet to buy shoe online ? Can I use the measuring tape ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

One of the Parenting hacks that I got to know of is to trace w a pen/pencil the outline of ur kid's feet - don't need to be a v close one but a close enough one. U can measure that easily and even use it when shopping for kids shoes when u are out. Save the trouble of wriggly feet and tape :) depending on how tightly u trace, u can give a little leeway for the sizing

Read more

Hi, You can either trace the baby foot or you can also measure with a tape. Once, we didn't have a measuring tape and we did not even know the trick of tracing the foot, so we took a thread and measured the baby's foot with the thread. We measured the foot with the thread and cut the thread till the point it measured the foot.

Read more

You can print out this pediped sizing chart and trace your child's foot on it. :) http://www.pediped.com/Files/content/sizing/RetailerSizingChart.pdf

VIP Member

Yes you can use measuring tape. measure from the top of their toes to the heels. When comes to buying shoes, add a few more CM to the measured length.

VIP Member

Yes - we trace our baby's feet as well. I also have friends who bought a foot measure gauge and use that

TapFluencer

Yes I use measuring tape Coz diff brand diff cutting so go by sizing sometime not that accurate.

7y ago

So measure n get 1-2cm bigger?