How can I help my 4yo pick up spellings quickly? Are there any games she can learn from?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

for my case, i gave my 4yo son 2 to 3 words to learn everyday. make sure he knows how to spell it. make him keep repeat it. like daily life he use some english words to talk to us, we will then ask him so how to spell that particular word. another way is from singing and when he learn to do the enrichment books. i make sure he learn to spell and read the words out. personally i feel that making my son keep repeating helps him.

Read more

There are a lot DVDs, and music that ur little one will love to listen to. Plus using flash cards can help a lot. On one side of flash card there should be picture and other side the word. Saying word out loud by breaking it's alphabets like for example...hold an apple and say this is apple....A.P.P.L.E. that way too he will pick up

Read more

Aside from spelling videos on Youtube and educational toys, I let my toddler read words whenever we are out on the road. It became his habit to read letters written or posted everywhere. Then afterwards I would read the word to him. Make it fun while teaching your toddler so he won't feel so pressured.

Read more

my elder one learnt spellings through singing games, where i used to sing out the words and the rhyming sound would help her remember. you can also use basic board games and flash cards that have spellings and the associated image with them. the idea is to keep it fun and not look like a task.

My boy learns a lot from the leap frog dvds and books. Using songs will catch their attention faster, something like, B.I.N.G.O. Read more, see more, will helps in the memory. Be positive and encouraging is very important too.

Thought at this age should learn how to decode reading (phonics)then follow by spelling?If not wrong spelling should only start at least from 5 yrs old onwards

I find that singing and spelling go hand in hand. This video is a fun example of learning how to spell via song. https://youtu.be/KXu8SKYI270

Learn spelling through songs like BINGO!