How to get more breast milk?

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, You can focus on having food that will aid in increasing the milk supply. Apart from that you have to make sure that you are nursing in the right position. Nurse from both the sides and nurse your baby frequently. Salmon, oatmeal, carrots, basil seeds, garlic, asparagus, apricots, cow's milk, etc. But the best thing is to make your baby nurse as much, as when the baby sucks then it sends message to the brain, and brain releases milk ejecting hormone, oxytocin. This hormone then flows to the breasts through the blood. And when the baby lactates, the milk flows out. So, you must feed as much as possible because this feeding itself will help in making of more milk. I am sharing a link where you can find what all things you can eat to help increase the milk supply. http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/ss/slideshow-increase-milk-supply

Read more

hi mommy there are quite a few home remedies you can try that can help you increase breast milk. 1. try and pump out your milk as often as you can, even if you feel you are not producing enough. remember, the more you release the milk from your body, the more it will produce. if possible feed your baby immediately, else store it to feed later. 2. nurse from both the breasts. empty one breast first and then move on to the next. 3. certain foods can help increase breastmilk production. soak a spoon of cumin or fenugreek seeds in water and have it in the morning. adding fennel seeds to your diet can also improve breast milk production. cinnamon is another spice that is said to increase the production of breast milk.

Read more
5y ago

thanks. it helping much

I drink the minute maid pineapple coconut water is helps me produce a lot of milk I got milk to come out 2 days after I had my son an now it wont stop coming out I get 4 ounces out of each side just about every 2 hours an kroger usually has those on sale 2 for $5 that drink works wonders an I drink it everyday the more water you drink the more milk you'll produce an that coconut water has flavor so it's not bland like drinking regular water if you dont like the taste of regular water an some times looking at your baby while you pump helps make more milk an also holding your baby for a while before you pump helps it get the hormones flowing to wanna produce more milk

Read more

neeta‘s comment is v good pertaining ’the way‘, have you check diet, relaxation before latching/pumping? did you massage or aid with warm pack? have you try horigen‘s breast pump which the full structure silicon wrap around nipple during pumping n result in more milk flow?

the more you feed your baby and empty your breasts, the more milk your body will produce. also, try adding some indian spices in your diet, such as fennel seeds, cinnamon and cumin seeds, that are known to improve breast milk production.

Hey,in India we all prefer to increase more breast milk that is jeera and ajwean in excessive amount these most popular spices which we used post. Pregnancy diet in every meal like dal sabzi etc... it will really help you go ahead and try .

Try to drink milk 4-5 glasses in a day like 1 in morning 1 in afternoon 1 in midday 1 in evening one in night/midnight ... You will definitely see the results from the same day... And also keep hydrated yourself with water....

Drink more water, drink soya milk eat healthy foods like almond, oatmeal, spinach, and dates. Dont forget also chicken and meat for quality breast milk.. And it works for me alhamdulillah. I hope u too..

ang effective po sa akin sis pampagatas ay Amnum milk , mothers milk lactation tea, Kain malungay , ginataang gulay, buko juice, water melon... and more water po.....🙂

try eating moringa leaves.its a superfood.if u can find the leaves itself then u can try stir fry it.if not the powder one would do too.