How does a c-section feel like? Please share your experiences.

Post image
77 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Was induced for 24hrs after water broke, but didn't dilate enough and GBS +ve. C section was decided cause too long after induction and risk potentially serious complications. l had an epidural after 16 hrs which they used to administer the heavier anaesthetic for the CS. I was nervous to be awake, no pain during the surgery couldn't move from the waist down, just like someone rummaging in a bag. Then felt like I was in a dream like state, I felt a bit sick and nauseous at the end of it. They put the baby on your chest straight away for skin to skin which is crucial during the 1st golden hr. Then with the nurse helping I breast fed the baby where it was baby led latching they root around. Once in post natal ward, it was very painful, they were reluctant to give me to much heavy pain killers due to my small build. Then afterwards the pain was managed. I could walk after one day. I tried one time to stop the heavy pain killer and found I couldn't get out of bed and was crying so took them as needed or allowed but tried to get off or reduce them asap. My baby was forceped out so it hurt more than usual and the pain went beyond the scar it felt like my lower abdomen had 2 sheets of cling wrap that was stuck and pulled if I moved too quickly. I got husband to help me and even bring the baby to me at first although it was important to try to move , get out of bed and walk, do leg feet pumps in bed for a faster recovery and got the hospital physio to show me gentle core excercises. I got the lactation consultant to show me different breast feeding positions for c sections. I found the football position and the side lying position to be best so the baby is not in top of the scar. Side lying also allowed me to rest while feeding. I told myself all of it is temporary to get through things and got help from my husband and mother in law. 10wks post partum only slight numbness when pushing on it. When changing baby in the early weeks having the baby waist height was helpful to reduce pain from bending over. I also found belly compression bands (a bit like a corset helpful to keep everything in and core more stable.)

Read more

I was having multiple complications and gynae ruled out that C-sect was the safest option for both me and baby. The delivery was very fast. Within 5 minutes after gynae cut me open, I could see my baby. The experience was surreal, as it only took 5 mins for me to officially become a mother, however I’m very grateful that I had the chance of becoming a mother. I was shivering the whole time right after the spinal anaesthesia kicked in, up to the point when I was sent back to my ward. However considering that I have low pain tolerance, my experience with c-sect is not so bad at all. I religiously took the painkillers. Sometimes I felt pain but it’s still manageable. The most painful experience was the first time I need to get out of my bed and go to toilet. As my bladder was full, it made me feel more pain. At home I could walk but there were many things I couldn’t do like bending, crunch, heavy lifting for a month (at least). Feels like a handicapped.. and I got to asked my hubby to do things for me (even things like helping me to wear compression socks). Lucky that he’s very supportive and patience.

Read more

I had my c section last april 3. it was a planned low transversed c section (bikini cut) As i observed. Its easier to heal. After 2 days. I am able to walk and ready for discharge! 👍 Yes 2 days! 🤗 Its like nothing happens. Maybe because every mom's pain tolerance is different. Mine is 10/10. Plus its bikini cut so it is less bleading and easier to heal, less complication compared to straight/traditional cut. I would really recommend bikini cut c section. After 1 week im back to normal. The only cons about my c section experience is the effect of epidural--shivering and i cant feel my body. Its really weird because its my first major surgery. Then after the anesthesia subsides, yes there is pain but tolerable and of course i can ask for a pain reliever injectable so it has faster effect. For me i would rather have caesarian delivery than vaginal birth. Note: I've had my vaginal delivery 7 years ago. Back then LABOR SUCKS! C Section is the Best 👍👍👍

Read more
4y ago

Pls mun what can someone do to reduce belly fat after cs

It was very difficult for me, ng nag 9mos na ako hindi na naging normal BP ko, at gang 6cm lang din ako di na sya nag tuloy tuloy, during my labor naka monitoring ako sa BP ko sobrang hirap lalo na yong gamot na tinurok sakin di ko maalaala pero sabi ng nurse pang pababa ng BP first pusok palang ng gamot ramdam mo na agad yong effect ang init sa buong katawan at sobrang uhaw na Uhaw ka ang hirap huminga, after nun since hindi pa din bumababa BP ko na inject uli sa sila sa kabilaang pwet ko sobrang init ng gamot sa katawan, pero di talaga bumababa plus may pina pa take pa silang gamot pang pababa ng BP, sabi ng isang doctor medyo nahihirapan na din daw si baby sa loob, 3pm na decide na sila CS ako, medyo worry din yong OB ko kasi possible ma eclampsia, double yong pain ko naramdaman until now for recovery pa ako monitoring my BP kasi possible pa daw yon mangyayari ma eclampsia kahit lumabas na si baby gang 6weeks. Ang hirap kasi yong husband ko wala pa dito ng manganak ako.

Read more
3y ago

ganyan din ako kaya biniyak ako. dinala ako sa hospital April 20, 2021. 10:50pm. lumabas baby ko April 21,2021. 12:15am.

VIP Member

All 3 of my babies were by C-section so I think I would be the best to answer your question. I guess it will depend on what kind of C-section you are getting. I had 2 emergency C-sec and went under GA. I personally didn't really enjoyed the experience of going under GA as the delivery didn't feel real to me. It's like one sec you're still pregnant and the next sec, you see you baby lying next to you. Very surreal kinda feeling. I had problems bonding with my eldest initially because I was under GA and when I woke up, she was there and I didn't have the 'she's my daughter' feeling. Took me a while to warm up. I particular enjoyed when it was a scheduled C-section. I had the epidural and was fully awake during the op. My hubby was also around and it was painless and smooth. I could see my baby when it was taken out of me. Best way to give birth. :)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks. Will be going for my 3rd planned cs soon. F other eere emergency

My best friend had to endure a few hours of labour only to be rushed into surgery for an emergency C-section because there were problems and if she continued to push it will be dangerous. She said she remembered thinking that the whole situation was supposed to be emotionally, physically draining and also terrifying but she was so "high" from the anesthesia and soooo tired, she didn't really feel the effects till after. C-sections in general take longer to heal so she stayed in hospital for a while and I remember visiting her and she was anxious to get home. I know, there still exists a thinking that mothers who go through c sections have it "easier" than those who went through vaginal birth but if you ask me, it's a whole load of nonsense because either way, a woman puts her life on the line to give birth and it's not nice to say otherwise.

Read more
VIP Member

Had emergency c section last June 1, napaka hirap, nag labor pa ko ng 7 hrs. tapos sinabihan ako na cs nako, ung sakit ng pag lalabor, super lupet na chills hanggang hinihiwaan nako may chills ako. hanggang malabas si baby, pero nung madinig ko iyak nya. kumalma katawan ko tas iyak ako ng iyak sa sobrang sayaa. 💓💓🙏 worth the pain. and my favorite pain sa buhay ko, kasi kasama ko na si baby, straight cut ang ginawa sakin took 5 days bago ako nakakabangon ng mejo ok ok.. masakit sobra. ngayon makirot nalang ung tahi banda sa private part. un kasi na bebend bend pag kumikilos.., pero kaya na 💓 Normal del. sana ko. kaso mauubus na daw panubigan so cs nalng. 😅

Read more

yes na cs din po aq pero NDi q po iniexpct kc Feb. 26 nigh pmunta kmi ng hospital pra mgpa check up dhl sobrang sakit sikmura q Pati tyan q na kaliwang bahagi.. tpos ng nandon nku ang sabi mataas bp q. kya Lht ng gamot na mlakas pra bumaba VP q tinarak na nila.. ng paumaga na Ndi parin totally bumabalik sa norma bp q tpos myat mya monitor nila c bb at Npancin Kong ang ang tgal nya mhnap at Ndi na kcing bilis ng dati ang pintig nya ..kya ilang Minuto lng lumapit Yong doctor na kylngan q raw MA emergency cs dhl Nanganganib kmi ni bb.. Kya kinausap ni doc. Husban q at agad pumyag c hubby agad pra ma save kming dlwa...

Read more

Both my boys are delivered by emergency c-section. First one was under general anesthesia and second one was spinal block. I personally like general anesthesia more than spinal block. I had a lot of side effects from spinal block. I was shivering and unable to feel my body and had to be observed for a very long time so I didn't get to see baby for long. Honestly being half awake and unable to move your body is very scary and I went into a panic attack when I started to be unable to feel my body and was crying hysterically. I will definitely choose general anesthesia for my next child (if there is!)

Read more

Had an emergency c-section after laboring for 15 hours. My water broke during my routine checkup. I was 1-2cm at that time. Around 8cm dilated my baby's heart almost stopped. We tried to push however the baby is no longer responding. My ob talked to my hubby quickly for c section and had it done right away. It was a miraculous experience. It was painful but the moment that you see your little one, I'll definitely go to the same experience again just to make that precious moment happen again. The best that ever happened to me. I won't trade it regardless of the pain.

Read more
Post reply image