How do you persuade a 2 year old child to go to the dentist ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Aside from the good points mentioned above, I would suggest to expose her to different kid-friendly images and videos relating to dental health care. At such a young age, you can show and teach your child about dental health care in a fun and interactive way. Do brushing of teeth together and show how fun it is by including some playtime. I agree with Diana on a role-playing type of game wherein your kid can be the dentist and you can be the patient. You may also start off by buying a tooth-shaped pillow (which you can make your own) or toys. There are a lot of kid-friendly medical toys that are safe and BPA-free that you can purchase. By doing so, your child would possibly gain interest in going to the dentist's clinic. Also, you can check the clinic as well. There are a lot of clinics that have play area for kids so they would be more delighted to come visit again. As for the toys I've mentioned earlier, you might get some ideas from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268744091/girls-tooth-fairy-pillow-tooth-pillow?ref=market

Read more
Post reply image