How do I treat my baby's diaper rash at home?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Apart from using diaper cream, I have actually found this home remedy that has worked miracles for my baby- by using baking soda! Baking soda has healing properties that can help treat diaper rash. Dissolve two tablespoons of baking soda in about four cups of water. Each time you change your baby’s diaper, wash the baby’s bottom with the mixture. Use a dry washcloth to lightly pat the skin dry before putting on a clean diaper. You can also add two tablespoons of baking soda to a tub of warm water and give your baby a bath in it. Bathe the baby in the water for 10 minutes, three times a day. Again, make sure to pat the baby’s skin dry after bathing. Hope this helps!

Read more

Besides using diaper rash cream, I try not to put on disposable diapers that actually can make the rashes worst. It is best to put on cloth napkins or clothes diapers if possible. When baby developed rashes, try to wash with water rather than using wet wipes when they poop.

I will apply diaper cream on my baby whenever he develops diaper rash. I use the purple maximum strength Desitin when rashes appear and use the blue rapid relief Desitin for prevent. You can get them from Kiddy Palace!

Post reply image

Try sudocrem which has higher percentage of zinc oxide. If you want something non chemical, give Earth baby angel mama bottom balm a try. It is organic. It works wonder too.

For rashes you can apply naturally made Mamaearth diaper rash cream.It effectively provides rapid relief from rashes.Also you can use coconut oil.

Wash with warm water anytime after the baby poop and dry with clean towel, and leave a few minute before putting new diaper.

Saya sapu zaricot or calamine lotion..after dah ok..sapu vaselin every time change diaper..to protect their skin

Wash thoroughly and let the washed part air dry. Desowen cream will also help in treating the rashes quickly.

VIP Member

Just use vaseline for baby or petroleum jelly every diaper change :) then talc free powder