How do I encourage my 15m child to brush her teeth?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can bring her along when you buy her toothbrush so that she has the decision to choose which toothbrush she wants to buy. Toothbrush nowadays comes in different cartoon designs so it might spark some interest in her. Also, by allowing her to choose her own toothbrush, you can help generate like a "buzz and excitement" by talking to her about it on the way home e.g. asking if she's exciting to use her new Disney Princess toothbrush so that her teeth will be white like the Princess? This method works for my daughter but that also meant that once a new Disney cartoon comes out, there's a chance that she'd want a new toothbrush lol

Read more

What I do to encourage my 2 years old son to start to brush his teeth since he turned 1: 1. Give him a real toothbrush and non fluoride toothpaste 2. Sing a brush teeth song during brushing teeth 3. I will brush together with him every morning and night 4. I get a step stool for him so he can access the tap water himself 5. Prepare a cup for him to rinse mouth, sometimes he will swollow the tap water but it's part of learning process 6. Do it daily! If you are not consistent kid will hard to pick up the habit and make it a routine

Read more

Fun Ways to Encourage Teeth Brushing. Get a new toothbrush. This may seem like a small thing, but the novelty of a new toothbrush may help to encourage your child to start brushing.

May be you can let your child pick their toothbrush and toothpaste. And brush together with them.

TapFluencer

Find good stories or children’s song about brushing teeth and make it fun for your child

Get her customised set of toothbrush and toothpaste for every day of the week

thanks

Make the exercise fun. Get soft tooth brush too