How do you discipline your toddler?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My kids are 3 years and 1 year old. If they don't get something that they want, they will cry. I will just leave them to cry. When they see that I've no reaction to it, they will come hugging me. After which, I will explain to them why they can't behave this way. It's the same when they throw tantrums, I will just leave them and walk away. They knows that they are not getting my attention, they will stop and come chasing after me.

Read more

I have a 5yo and a 19m old. With my 5yo I'm able to talk to him and explain what behavior is acceptable. Challenge for a toddler as she usually puts up a mini tantrum. I just wait for her to calm down before talking to her. Whenever she did something unacceptable we always reprimand the behavior not he child. So far tantrums has lessened because toddler is able to grasps good behavior from previous explanations.

Read more

my son is 13 months old, and whenever he wants something and dont get it he'll cry out loud, but if I say no,then its no.. cause if youll say no but then cause of his crying youll say yes in a while then he'll always do that to get what he wants.. so no must be no.. he'll stop crying when he realized he wont get it even if he cries nonstop.. he will probably cope up with that rule..

Read more

I have a 2 yr old who starts getting mad if he doesn't get what he wants. So far, what's working for us is I call him and tell him to go to me. And then I talk to him, eye to eye and explain why. I'm happy he understands and wouldn't demand anymore. Unfortunately though, he only listens to me, not to his grandma.

Read more

Hi cv I am using soft approach most of the time. When my toddler misbehave, he will get time out or I will let him cry. After he is done, I will explain to him that he can't do that again. Well.. not all the time will work. When things really get out of hands, i will spank him a little.

Read more