How do you discipline your child using positive parenting?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Isa sa major things sa positive parenting is that wag mo utusan yung anak mo, tanungin mo siya. So give options. Example: Ligpitin mo na yung toys mo tapos maligo ka na (telling). Anong mas una mong gusto gawin maligo o magligpit ng toys? (asking) Also if you set a schedule with your kid, may control siya sa araw niya so mas gagawin niya yung dapat gawin. Like one time really sit down with your kid tapos draw kayo ng gagawin niya for the day - wake up, then ano next na gusto niya gawin (maligo o kumain) etc. Then post ninyo sa wall ng room or sa door, basta anywhere visible. That way pag gagawin na niya, ask mo siya "What are you supposed to do next?" So in turn hindi mo siya inutusan na maligo, check niya lang sched niya tapos "I know I have to take a bath!". Then, you check yung task pag natapos. Parang sense of accomplishment for the kid. In terms of discipline, connection before correction. Madalas kasi mas utos or puna yung nagagawa sa kids. For example, if yung kid mo is watching TV, ang sabihin lang eh “close na the TV”. So correct agad. We can try to talk about what they are watching, what they find interesting about it so you make a connection with them para when we correct hindi tayo masyadong kontrabida. If you want to know more (kasi madami pang iba aside sa namention ko above), there is a seminar about this on Sunday. July 31, 2016 | 8:30am to 5:30pm Hotel Celeste Php3,500.00/parent; Php6,300.00/couple Register at http://attend.positiveparentingph.com/

Read more

With 4 boys here eldest is 13 youngest is 6 plus 1 on its way.. hardest and toughest job is to discipline so when something is wrong i talk to my older boys privately.. what they did wrong explain explain.. that they should not do it again.. to my younger ones i also talk to them pro lets say nde pa din nasunod or ginawa ulit and its really really bad like lying taking stuff without permission.. namamalo na ako sa pwet.. ( please dont hate me) it sounds negative pro for me ang mentality ko i will discipline them now rather than the world discipline them.. papakawalan ko sila hopefully instilling and making sure that they know what is right from wrong.. (for parents who will read this please don’t hate me)

Read more

My theory comunucation, explanations are vital. In parenting there needs to be constant communication, love, and postive actions. It is not a method ir set of rules rather it is a way of life abd learning. With believes that children should be treated the same with respect, free from fear or shame. The first step is changing our mindsets. Positive discipling is not to punish or reprimand but to teach. Below is a link which may enlighten you. http://www.positive-parents.org/2011/06/positive-parenting-what-why-how_15.html?m=1

Read more

Positive parenting is about firstly being aware of your child's need for unconditional love and acceptance and setting rules and boundaries for the child and letting the child know that these rules are set because you love them and want the best for them.