how do you discipline your toddler? (2-3years old)

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, my wife and I are pretty strict (but very nurturing and forgiving) with our toddler. It really depends on the situation, and your toddler's behavior. One helpful resource I look back on constantly is this article: https://ph.theasianparent.com/discipline-toddler-10-things-disciplining-child/ I've gone back and referred to it dozens of times, and it really helps me when disciplining my daughter.

Read more

Never ever teach them discipline and avoid strict parenting. Instead one parent should be responsible and the other should be loving and caring. Children learn everything from their parents. First we parents should be disciplined and responsible and automatically children will learn by seeing us. Babies are what we are. They learn and try to imitate us. I hope this helps

Read more

I'm not into spanking if she did something wrong. I just try to talk to her right after she made mistake just to correct it while she can at least remember what she did or what happened. Toddlers are naturally into exploration in this age, thus it might be well to be not too rigid as possible, (and that's all my opinion)

Read more

Make them feel that you are authority. If your child made a mistake, just tell her/him that she/he did something wrong.

make them feel what is right and what is wrong . Don't force for discipline

VIP Member

Best way to train them is be the one who you want your kid to be

We generally try explaining him with examples and reasoning

Not to baby soft them and learn them the rights and wrongs

With reasoning