Depression during pregnancy

How did you minimize your depression during pregnancy?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am currently pregnant with my second child and was diagnosed with prenatal depression and anxiety. This is a planned pregnancy and I was fine throughout my first pregnancy. I was referred to a therapist by my gynae and prescribed medication which made me very tired all the time. I have taken unpaid leave so that I can focus more on myself now, and only using medication very rarely. I spend more time with my toddler, meditation, doing things that I enjoy. Taking one step at a time, and I can slowly feel that I am having more happy instead of sad days now.

Read more

First, you need to acknowledge that its your hormones affecting you, acknowledge the mixed feelings you are having. Don't have to deny it. Then talk to your best friend or family close to you. There might not be a legit topic but it's ok, just talk it out. Companion and listening ears is important. And when you think of things that's depressing, tell yourself it's temporary and will get better. You need to self-console so that you won't sink deeper. And..... Know that this doesn't only happen to you, it happens to most pregnant women.

Read more

I had somebody to talk to everyday and help me when I’m tired. Since I actually lack of sleep during pregnancy, I easily get angry or sad. So I made sure my husband helps me around the house! He also fulfils my cravings and massages my feet nightly while we have meaningful conversations so that I feel connected to somebody during trying times of pregnancy. Other things I do is I FaceTime my mother and sister almost everyday so I have somebody to talk to while my husband works. I shop online too hahah it helps!

Read more

I do meditation, after that will watch funny and happy youtube vdo and laugh out loud (not too loud that disturb the neighbour tho). However, If that day feel so dull, i will go outside take a short walk or just pop the head out the window abit to smell some fresh air, feel the wind touches your face and get some sunlight. It sounds funny but to me it helps alot.

Read more
TapFluencer

just stay cheerful and don't let negative thoughts overcome you. your emotions will affect the baby too. just rmb that you want a cheerful baby and not a sad baby will motivate you to stay positive too

find someone to talk to. After 9 months, you'll see the love of your life

VIP Member

find something meaningful to do. speak up n family support is impt.

Distract yourself with happy things

Talk to ur husband and cry it out.