How do you deal with people or parents that compares their little one to yours?

60 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh i can't stand this thing happen to me. Even I myself didn't comparing my own child with their sillings, I don't like other parent comparing me about their children result is very good and about mine. That hurt if my children is standing beside me.

I'd do what my mom did when my annoying aunts used to compare their kids with me and my siblings -- smile, shake it off later and encourage my kids to do well to prove any naysayers wrong. I'm proud to say that I've done all that for my mother :)

Honestly, I listen to them. But I don't take their words against my child too much. Especially if it's a negative comment. I believed each child has their own weakness & strength and no one should compare their children to others. :)

My only 16month old, Just start to train her, you listen carefully what ppl talk, then realize where is wrong and right, think about it, if really that message good for you then take, otherwise smile and ignore gently

I always keep this in mind: each child is unique. So whenever ppl compare my LO with hers,i will listen politely, assess whether or not we have similar situations with our kids and just thank her for her opinions.

Some parents have their own insecurities. Sometimes I just ignore them and walk away. I don't know why such comparison. Every child is special I their own way and they are doing more harm to their own kids

Just fake a smile and ignore. There's seriously no point comparing because each child is different. No point letting their comments get into you. Don't have to be stress over it!

Just smile and walk away. Unless they say it in front of my kid, then that's a different story. No child deserves to be compared with others let alone be judged by anyone.

Take it as a pinch of salt. I lost a good friend as she kept putting down my son. Each child is different in own strengths & weaknesses. A true friend will never compare.

hmm i can say . i can say i just dun care. every child is different . my child may not be strong in english or writing . but i believe he have other talent in other way