Unvaccinated mummies

How do you cope? 😥 I am currently 30 weeks along and unvaccinated. Hubby and I both agreed that I will go unvaccinated till birth but the number of unlinked cases now is very worrying. (and I'm someone who is rather chillax) My gynae isn't pushing for me to get vaccinated too. Hubby and I are home most of the time. We don't head out very much, not even for work. Only reasons to head out is for food, groceries or visiting both our families once a week for dinner. I am now seriously considering to cut off visits to our families as they are all vaccinated, hence the chances of them being asymptomatic is high. As much as my hubby and I exercise extreme precaution, we cannot control our families' daily activities and whom they meet. Is this too extreme? Ps. Please don't advise me to take vaccine as this will not be my plan unless gynae gives the green light. EDIT: Thank you all mummies for responding to my rant. I really feel so much better after knowing that some of you have also stopped visiting families, which means my request is not ridiculous. 🥲 Stay safe you all! ❤

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I am currently 19w and unvaccinated. While he is not saying absolute no, my gynae is not giving the green light due to lack of information and studies on long-term effects etc. It's "up to us ultimately to take the risk" - my lifestyle is similar to yours, except that I even avoid grocery shopping or food. We just order in. I have not met my in-laws since mid June and I've also stopped going to my parents' because their work is customer facing. Hope your family members will understand too ❤️ take care!!

Read more