How do you clean your Baby's tongue? I've tried finger toothbrushes but does not seem to work well.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most of my friends use a gauze (wrapped around the finger), moisten in warm water, and gently rub over the surface of the tongue. You can also consider using Nuk Oral Wipes. Available at guardian, $17.20: http://www.guardian.com.sg/oral-wipes-25s/p/129566 To facilitate the process, you can try cradling your baby with one arm and clean his/her mouth with the other.

Read more

I had the same problem as you. My baby does not like finger toothbrushes initially. So i squeezed some infant toothpaste on it and tried letting him lick the toothpaste. He likes the favoured taste and subsequently allows me to brush his teeth. You can get the organic toothpaste from Mothercare. Slowly, you can change the finger toothbrushes to pigeon toothbrushes.

Read more
Post reply image

i used the traditional way of using a damp cloth to clean my lo tongue before his bath. he truly enjoys it cos he knows it's bath time after cleaning. also, as the cloth os damp, some water will b in his mouth. he enjoy the moments of cleaning up. u not only clean the tongue but the gums too.

Read more

I use a damp cloth wrap one part around my finger and insert my finger into baby's mouth and wipe her tongue with it. I do it twice a day and it helps. Finger toothbrush are more for the gums and teeth i guess. Hope this helps.

TapFluencer

I used a damp cloth as well. If you prefer something else, there are baby tongue and tooth wipes available too.