2 year old tantrums

How do you calm your toddler down? My 2-year old son demands to get what he wants, when he wants, all the time. I guess that's the case to most toddlers but I'd say my boy's a bit different. If we say 'no' or if we ask him to wait, he'd throw things, cry aloud or lay down on the floor crying. We had him checked and he's completely healthy (no adhd or anything like that). Sometimes, I just feel so guilty as I also tend to lose my patience.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ignore him mommy just take away the things that might hurt him while having tantrums. later on he will realize what he's doing is wrong or not all things that he wants he gets even if he cries on top of his lungs . . my daughter was like that when she was 2-3 every time she's having her tantrums i ignore her completely after she finished crying i gave her water and talked to her so she will understand that crying out loud will not do her any good.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks mommy. That's what we've been trying to do but he's been crying for minutes. Think we've got to try harder. There are time when I manage to ignore him when we're just home, worst is when he does it when we're out.