Is holding your child a year back in school a good idea? I feel my child can cope up with other children born months apart and its wasteful to let a year pass..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if you think your child is able to cope and is not finding it difficult to go ahead with the academic requirements, then i guess it is fine to continue and not miss a year. do keep in mind that as the grades go higher, your kid will have more work load, so do keep that in mind bearing the specific academic board in mind. you may want to talk to the teachers at school to understand your child's overall capability and if it is alright or may cause stress.

Read more

if you feel that way and if your child is also interested in studies on a general basis, then i don't think its important to hold back a year. both my kids are the youngest in their class by quite a few months and we had to sign a no objection letter stating that we were fine with it. and both have not only coped up wonderfully but are also top of their class. as long as you are sure it won't pressurize the child, i don't feel there's any harm.

Read more