Phototherapy

Hola Mommies!Do you have any experience with your baby who have jaundice and need phototherapy?could you share your experiences? My heart is broken when my baby should get phototherapy 😢

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My firstborn needed phototherapy. Twice too. She started off with single side phototherapy on D3 of life, then the levels were high, so she needed double sided (she had to be naked except for diapers). It was so heartbreaking and traumatic, but the levels came down and we went home by D5. Then throughout the course of that day, I noticed her skin turning more yellow again 😢 True enough, the next day she was readmitted for double photoblue again. I only saw her every 3hrs to breastfeed her, during which she would drink to her hearts content and fall asleep in my arms. It was so hard to have to surrender her back to the nurses to continue with the treatment for 24hrs each time. I’m just so glad the jaundice resolved after a month, and she managed to gain back the weight after lots of feeding. Hang in there mummy! The phototherapy will help your LO.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for your sharing, beautiful mom!your story makes me tears again and make me remember my baby girl is hospitalized for phototherapy🥺I can feel what you’ve going through cause i’m in the position now..my baby level is 284 so the doctor put double light to decrease the level but 24 hours doesn’t enough for her so she have to stay there one more night😢😢but i mix the milk cause my breast milk doesn’t produce a lot cause only right breast can produce 😥😢.. Glad that your daughter is grow up well and gain the weight ❤️

Baby will be fine even thou abit kecian seeing baby with the eye mask and under the blue light but its for the best. My 1st did went thru it warded for 1 day and shes fine after.

4y ago

Yes. She growing well. Dont worry LO in good hand and it wont be more than 2 days. 😊😊