personal stuff

Hie ! I just wanted to ask if its totally normal to wet the bed more frequently during pregnancy ..? I feel so useless about it and ashamed towards my husb too ..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you wet your bed on certain occasions even before pregnancy? Cause I do. I wet my bed like once a year even at this age (32). It’s hereditary.. Usually I will dream about going to the toilet and peeing so much just to be awoken by my own pool of urine. Yup it’s downright embarrassing. I once peed my bed 4 months after I got married. Luckily I was not sleeping on the same bed as my husband as we were waiting for a new bed at that time. It was so bad. The center part of the Super single mattress was soaking wet with my pee. I woke up frantically, thinking I could still stop my pee but it was too late. And it wasn’t easy to clean. I laid a few big towels on the urine to soak it all out by stepping on the mattress. Then I poured Dettol water on the stain. Like literally pour generously on the mattress. Then I used new towels and stepped on it again to soak it all up and repeat again. After which I lifted the mattress up and faced the fan towards it on full blast. Took a week to thoroughly dry because I only used the fan to dry it on the first day. And all of this happened at my MIL’s house. 🥴 I also told my husband what happened and we came up with some suggestions for me. 1. Pee before going to bed. 2. Pee again if still not asleep after being in bed. 3. Husband will wake me up if he’s still not asleep in the wee hours. 4. Husband will wake me up if he wakes up to pee. 5. Drink lesser water towards bed time. 6. Put a plastic sheet on my side like those table cover under the bedsheet 7. Put alarm every 3, 4 hours to pee At first we did 1-5 but now it’s only 1, 2 and 5. It gets better over time for me.. There’s nothing to be ashamed of, marriage is a two-way thing. He’s got to help you in any way he can. Some day we will have to help clean their urine too you know.. so why not start not? Heh. Take care!

Read more
4y ago

I super loved ur reply . Actlly , my husb always helped mie to wash the soiled bedsheets . Im using waterproof mattress cover underneath the bedsheet . Alhamdulillah , he doesnt embarrassed mie infront of anyone else . And im living with his mum and sis inlaw tho . I agreed on the part where u said , u dreamt that u went to the toilet and all . I agreed . The same thing occured to mie again and again . I felt bad on my side cox husb had to helped mie with these . I once asked him if i should tell my mil yet im quite worried on her reaction later . Thus , i didnt tell her . As i believed , marriage shud just involve u and ur husb . I always try and force myself to go toilet when im still awake before bed time . I am just so blessed to have a husb like him . I shall try to set alarm for mie to go toilet . Thanks alot , sis ! I appreciate ur long reply . =)

Please don't feel useless and ashamed. Some ladies will face this problem during pregnancy. Think is due to pelvic muscle not strong enough. Some elderly will also have this problem too when they cough or laugh but the volume is not much.

VIP Member

Hi! How many weeks are you now? Do u feel like peeing but sometimes it took you very long to go to the toilet thats why you wet the bed? Or is it you didn't feel like going but suddenly just wet the bed?

4y ago

Oh maybe because u dreamed abt it. Its fine mummy. Just put another layer below so u dun have to change it everytime

VIP Member

Can buy some absorbent pads to line ur side of the bed. Usually pelvic muscles may become a bit more lax due to the hormones. Can try to also practice kegels to strengthen these muscles

Super Mum

Definitely possible. The bladder’s constantly pressed on by the growing womb. You can try wearing sanitary pads at night, or putting a disposable waterproof sheet on your bed:)

VIP Member

It's fine. Happened to me once in my previous preg. Just wash and move on. Know that you are not alone. Usually after preg, will be ok.

VIP Member

It’s normal because you can’t hold your urine during pregnancy. You need to do Kegel exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles

For convenience sake, can buy those adult pants for temporary use, no need to be ashamed