Hi mummies, anyone gave birth previously via natural birth without any pain relieve? Please share your experience as I am not planning to use epidural this time round.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did not have epidural for both of my deliveries. I used breathing strategies (long breath and short breath management for different type of pain). If you do not wish to have epidural, you need to have a very strong determination and communicate your intention with your husband. For my 1st delivery, my husband kept asking me to take although I insisted not to. For my 2nd delivery, my husband knew my intention and he supported me thoroughly. I am lucky that both of my labor were short (3hours for 1st and 20mins for 2nd). However, if my labor is longer (more than 24 hours), I might opt for epidural. I used laughing gas only. The peak contractions pain actually very similar to the stomachache before diarrhea. After it went off, you will not feel pain and need to be ready for the next wave of contraction. So far, I used breathing strategies to distract myself from the pains as my energy all concentrated in the breathing.

Read more

My good friend did not opt for epidural and only used laughing gas for the birth of her son. She is very religious and generally a calm person so she immersed herself in prayer and concentrated on calming herself through breathing and thinking positive thoughts. She was so calm, her husband was freaking out more than her. She also told me that she hummed her favourite song at one point of time and the entire experience felt like a really bad stomach ache. The only time she started feeling the pain was when the trainee doctor attempted to stitch her up after her baby was born but apparently, the trainee could not get it right. She had to be wheeled to the operating theatre to finish getting stitched up by an attending doctor. But other than that, she summarised her first time delivering as being rather peaceful (which I find strange till today considering no pain killers were used).

Read more
5y ago

That is so scary! Trainee doctor not stitching it well is a nightmare

Are you in need of a professional hacker that can help you hack into your target’s phone remotely without touching or installing any spyware on the target’s phone? Then you can work with an amazing hacker that can help you hack at affordable cost and very effective services. [email protected] are the best you can ever come across. WWW . HACKERSPYVILLE . COM

Read more
Post reply image

thanks