Hi mummies, anyone gave birth previously via natural birth without any pain relieve? Please share your experience as I am not planning to use epidural this time round.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My good friend did not opt for epidural and only used laughing gas for the birth of her son. She is very religious and generally a calm person so she immersed herself in prayer and concentrated on calming herself through breathing and thinking positive thoughts. She was so calm, her husband was freaking out more than her. She also told me that she hummed her favourite song at one point of time and the entire experience felt like a really bad stomach ache. The only time she started feeling the pain was when the trainee doctor attempted to stitch her up after her baby was born but apparently, the trainee could not get it right. She had to be wheeled to the operating theatre to finish getting stitched up by an attending doctor. But other than that, she summarised her first time delivering as being rather peaceful (which I find strange till today considering no pain killers were used).

Read more
5y ago

That is so scary! Trainee doctor not stitching it well is a nightmare