Hi ALl, my baby is 3 month old. I wnt to jojn my wrk next month, how can I introduce her feeding bottle? If u have any special tips it will be appreciable if u share it with me.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some tips: Feed the baby when he shows hunger cues, not on a schedule. Hold the baby snugly. Keep him fairly upright to give him control. Hold the bottle vertically against his lips, similar to how you would hold your finger to say “Shh.” When he reaches with his lips, tip the bottle horizontally into his opening mouth. Let him draw it in himself, so his lips close on the fat part of the bottle nipple, not just the skinny part. Feed him fairly upright so he has much more control If he gets tense or gulps, tilt baby and bottle slightly forward so the milk drains away. He will soon learn to pause on his own. Let him pause and take breaks when he wants to. When you think that he is nearly full, twist and remove the bottle and then immediately offer the bottle back and see if he takes it. If he does mens he is still hungry. Keep offering till his lips are closed.

Read more

Is baby on breastfeeding? If yes, I strongly encourage using pigeon bottles. Their teats are very soft and is specially designed for breastfeeding to minimise nipple confusion. I got the wide neck nursing bottle for baby while nursing. You can read more about the milk bottles: http://www.pigeon.com.sg/product_uri/bottle-feeding/glass/

Read more
Post reply image